- 1 Consideration While Buying String Trimmer
- 2 Consider following three types of String Trimmers
- 3 Consider following table to chose your string trimmer.
- 4 Our Best Picks For Best String Trimmers
- 4.1 1) BLACK+DECKER LST140C 40V MAX Lithium Ion 13 inch String Trimmer Review
- 4.2 2) BLACK+DECKER LCC222 20V Lithium Ion String Trimmer and Sweeper Combo Kit Review
- 4.3 3) Toro 51487 24-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless 12-Inch String Trimmer Review
- 4.4 4) Poulan Pro PR25SD 25cc 2-Cycle Curved Shaft 17-Inch Dual Exit Fixed Line Head String Trimmer Review
- 4.5 5) DEWALT DCST990H1 40V MAX 6.0 Ah Lithium Ion XR String Trimmer Review
- 4.6 6) DEWALT DCST920P1 20V MAX 5.0 Ah Lithium Ion XR Brushless String Trimmer Review
- 4.7 7) WORX WG191 56V Max Lithium-Ion Cordless Grass Trimmer, 13-Inch, Battery and Charger Included Review
- 5 Summing Up!
A string trimmer, you can use where a lawn mower leaves off. Yes you can use string trimmer at those place where a lawnmower can not reach like: straightens uneven edges along driveways, providing the finishing touches as it whisks away grass around trees and flower beds and many place.
Nowadays you can see in the market, as performance has improved there is also been an increase in the number of brands competing for your lawn care dollars. Mostly Cordless String Trimmers are used because of its benefits like portability, convenience etc..
Consideration While Buying String Trimmer
Every garden has some unique requirements, but you can find the best trimmer that meets your each and every needs. You need to choose those string trimmer mower that’s comfortable for you to use and that will handle the kids of work you need to do. Consider following feature while buying string trimmer online.
This is the most important thing you need to consider while choosing any string trimmer for you. You will bear the full weight string trimmer. So you need to sure that you will select the trimmer that is comfortable to carry and maneuver around your yard.
A string trimmer can kick up debris. So you have to take care about your safety. Make sure you wear safety glasses, gloves, long pants and boots. Mostly cordless string trimmers emitted at least 85 decibels.
Consider following three types of String Trimmers
Gas-Powered String Trimmer
You have a best choice of gas powered string trimmers when you have large areas of tall grass and weeds. This type of trimmer are weight less than 13 pounds, although they are still heavier than corded electric models.
On gas models, a translucent tank lets you see fuel level, and a centrifugal clutch lets a gas trimmer idle without spinning the line.
Corded Electric String Trimmer
When you consider corded string trimmer, you will find that the cost the least and weight of corded string trimmer is less than 10 pounds. If you yards is small or you are looking for home garden then this is the best choice for you.
Main benefits of corded string trimmer is it doesn’t require tune-ups, and they start with pushbutton ease. While you are using corded string trimmers you will find that power cords limits your range.
Cordless Electric String Trimmers
This type of cordless electric string trimmer use battery power. It deliver cord free mobility without fueling, fumes, or you can say pull-starting. They trim and edge impressively and perform reasonably well in moderate-length grass.
Cordless electric string trimmers are heavier than corded models and limited to a run time of about 30 to 35 minutes before they need a recharge.
Consider following table to chose your string trimmer.
|String Trimmer Type||Recommended Lawn Size|
|Corded Electric||Up to ⅓ Acre|
|Cordless 18V Lithium-Ion||Up to ⅓ Acre|
|Cordless 34V Lithium-Ion||Up to ⅔ Acre|
|Cordless 36V/40V Max Lithium-Ion||Up to 1 Acre|
|Gas||Over to 1 Acre|
Our Best Picks For Best String Trimmers
1) BLACK+DECKER LST140C 40V MAX Lithium Ion 13 inch String Trimmer Review
This power string trimmer has the muscle to tackle tough weed and overgrowth. While using this string trimmer you will find that you can continuously work without bumping because of an automatic feed spool. One of the great thing about this trimmer is you can choose the amount of power you need to get the job done faster and more efficiently.
Black+Decker 40V Max Lithium String Trimmer is specially designed for cutting efficiency and the freedom of cordless convenience. This string trimmer can easily converts from trimmer to edge with a quick turn of the shaft.
- Very powerful motor
- Easily switches from edger to trimmer
- Super lightweight.
- Someone has few truble with auto feed system.
2) BLACK+DECKER LCC222 20V Lithium Ion String Trimmer and Sweeper Combo Kit Review
This is not only string trimmer but you are getting string trimmer and sweeper lithium ion combo kit. This LCC222 20V string trimmer is designed with runtime extension technology with a dual mode accelerator switch that provides up to 1 hour of runtime on the string trimmer.
It is quiet and easy to start, delivering great cutting results without the mess and hassles of gas powered trimmers. The battery is easy to charge and slide into place when you are ready to use it. The entire unit is very easy to handle if you are using it first time!
- Run battery on high power without any problem.
- Also has blower feature
- Extremely easy to work with this unit
- You might had trouble with broken line.
- Power was less than perfect. And it needed charging more often than not
3) Toro 51487 24-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless 12-Inch String Trimmer Review
You know that doing yard work can be a real hassle, but you can make it very easier with this trimmer. This Toro 51487 Cordless String Trimmer can also work as edger, and it is very easy to convert it. This trimmer is comes with onboard battery life indicator for the 24V battery and an ergonomic handle that is easy to grip.
Power saving adjustable cutting option and edger conversion option is most important feature that can change your purchasing choice. The edger conversion option just take a seconds and it does not require any tools.
- Comes with great warranty.
- Comfortable and easy to use with ergonomic handle./li>
- Power saving mode for longer running time.
- Trimmer has long lasting battery.
- It is bit heavy.
- Some of the plastic parts feel a little cheap.
4) Poulan Pro PR25SD 25cc 2-Cycle Curved Shaft 17-Inch Dual Exit Fixed Line Head String Trimmer Review
Poulan Pro 25cc string trimmers boast features that ensure there is a unit that is perfect for every job. This type of trimmers is designed to accept six optional attachments that make them even more versatile. This trimmer has 2 stroke engine with a curved shaft and 17-inch cut path.
This fixed line head string trimmer comes with two-cycle engines from the industry’s leading suppliers make Poulan Pro outdoor equipment long-lasting and powerful.
- Powerful 25cc 2-cycle engine.
- Good cutting width – 17-inch.
- Easy balancing because of curved shalft
- Engine body gets hot while using.
5) DEWALT DCST990H1 40V MAX 6.0 Ah Lithium Ion XR String Trimmer Review
This is very powerful string trimmer, and you can say that this string trimmer might be the best commercial string trimmer around. The DEWALT DCST990H1 40V MAX XR String Trimmer features a 6 Ah premium high capacity battery. For your home, this is the last cordless string trimmer you will ever buy.
This string trimmer provides precise control with a variable speed trigger, Hi/Lo power switch, and thickly padded, it also comes with vibration reduction handle that eliminates fatigue. Over all this trimmer is one of the best electric string trimmer.
- Durable all-metal, constant torque gear drive
- Long runtime and plenty of power.
- No other attachments are available.
6) DEWALT DCST920P1 20V MAX 5.0 Ah Lithium Ion XR Brushless String Trimmer Review
The DEWALT DCST920P1 20V MAX Lithium-Ion XR Brushless String Trimmer provides precise power control with a variable speed, this type of variable speed trigger as well as performance and runtime management. This string trimmer has specially designed gear drive that will provide more torque and maintain cut speed under load.
This Dewalt string trimmer has powerful Brushless Motor that maximizing motor efficiency and durability. While using this string trimmer you can control speed by variable trigger speed control. It has also Patented gear drive design.
- High-efficiency brushless motor maximizing run time and motor life.
- 13″ cutting swath with 0.080″ line
- Patented gear drive design that powers through the overgrowth
- The guard plate is too small.
- The fixed head some time makes edging more difficult
7) WORX WG191 56V Max Lithium-Ion Cordless Grass Trimmer, 13-Inch, Battery and Charger Included Review
This Worx WG191 String trimmer features a new Command Feed system, that can advance trimmer line instantly. Main thing is No more bumping or waiting for line to advance before cutting. This trimmer includes Command Feed, using that the user electronically controls when to feed more line by pressing, then releasing, a pushbutton above the trigger.
It has new twist-and-edge feature operates smoothly for a seamless transition between functions by simply pressing button at the top of the shaft and turning it. The WG191 comes with two wheels to stear the tool while edging, but those wheels can be removed and housed on the lower shaft to give you full visibility while in trimming mode.
- Professional-Grade trimmer line
- Pivoting cutting head and straight shaft design can tackle any terrain
- The included wheels for edging are a big help
- Gets hot while using.
Also Read: Best Hedge Trimmer Reviews
Hopefully, this guide on best string trimmer reviews has satisfied your queries about string trimmer that you buy. Quite frankly, spend some money and get the best string trimmer for your garden! Just don’t forget to look on the above guide before selecting the string trimmer for your garden.