You most probably found this article because you are searching for the best miter saws. Just like in the case of looking for other power tools, it is not going to be an easy feat. With too many options that are available, it will be overwhelming and challenging to take your pick. At all times, however, deciding in haste should never be done.
We are here to help you to make a wise decision. Keep on reading and we will have a quick discussion of miter saw reviews, as well as some of the essential factors that should be taken into consideration. It is our goal that this guide be able to help you be provided with the best value for money and choose a product that will be hard to rival in terms of its quality.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top Picks for the Best Miter Saw
- 1.1 1. Dewalt DWS780 12-Inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw Review
- 1.2 2. Hitachi HPT C10FCGS 10″ Compound Miter Saw Review
- 1.3 3. Makita LS1018 10-Inch Dual Side Compound Miter Saw Review
- 1.4 4. Ryobi ZRTS1345L 10-inch Compound Miter Saw Review
- 1.5 5. Homecraft H26-260L Compound Miter Saw Review
- 1.6 6. Bosch CM10GD 10 inch Compact Miter Saw Review
- 1.7 7. Bosch GCM12SD 12 inch Corded Dual-Bevel Sliding Glide Miter Saw
- 1.8 8. Dewalt DWS715 12-Inch Compound Miter Saw Review
- 2 Essential Factors To Consider
- 3 Conclusion
Top Picks for the Best Miter Saw
In this part, we will have short miter saw reviews that will help you to evaluate some of the best options that are available.
1. Dewalt DWS780 12-Inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw Review
A lot of buyers may instantly be discouraged about buying this product because of its expensive price. When you take a look at its features and when you read the reviews shared by its users, however, you can be easily convinced that this is indeed impressive. It has a 15-amp motor and maximum no load speed of 3,800 RPM. One of its most innovative features is the XPS cross alignment system, which will make it easy to ensure the accuracy of the cuts. It also has hassle-free operations and can offer high-visibility, especially because it comes with an efficient dust collection system.
- Rugged Construction
- Powerful Motor
- No Soft Start
- Expensive Price
2. Hitachi HPT C10FCGS 10″ Compound Miter Saw Review
With this model, you can expect reliable performance, even in a professional application. It is integrated with a 15-amp motor, which can deliver a maximum no-load speed of 5,000 RPM. It has large pivoting fence and adjustable bevel angle, allowing it to deliver versatility. It also has a dust collector, although its effectiveness has been questioned by some users. To make it comfortable, the grip comes with an elastomer wrap, which can also effectively minimize the vibration that is felt when the unit is being operated. This power tool will definitely be a great choice even for beginners.
- Sturdy Construction
- Inefficient Dust Bag
- Laser is Inaccurate
3. Makita LS1018 10-Inch Dual Side Compound Miter Saw Review
For many people, they might be immediately discouraged to consider this option upon learning that this is an expensive choice. If you look beyond price, however, you will realize that it is definitely a good choice. It has a 13-amp motor that can tackle a wide array of applications. It also has built-in laser, steel rail sliding system, and six linear ball bearings, all of which are contributory towards making sure that it will be able to deliver accurate cutting performance. It is also a good thing that it comes with a compact size, making is space-efficient, and hence, perfect even for small spaces.
- Produces Precise Cuts
- Easy to Use
- Professional Features
- Ergonomic Design
- Expensive Price
- Poorly Written Instruction Manual
4. Ryobi ZRTS1345L 10-inch Compound Miter Saw Review
Powered by a 14-amp motor, this is one of the most popular options among people who are budget-conscious. The economical price of this compound miter saw is perhaps one thing that has captivated the attention of many people. In spite of being low-priced, it does not mean that quality is compromised in any way. It has an electric brake that will allow it to stop repetitively within a few seconds. For increased accuracy, it comes with built-in laser. It also has dual view bevel scale, which will increase visibility from both sides, another reason why it is highly-rated in terms of being accurate.
- Affordable Price
- Excellent Blade
- Ergonomic Handle
- Cuts Accurately
- Firm Grip is Needed
- Dust Collector Does Not Function Well
5. Homecraft H26-260L Compound Miter Saw Review
For those who are searching for a dependable miter saw that is easy on the wallet, this should be on the top of the list. It is an impressive choice as even if it is economical, it has a lot of features that can be comparable to those in the higher end of the market. It comes with a 14-amp motor and a maximum no load speed of 5,500 revolutions per minute. It is made with the use of lightweight materials, making it effortless to have it used in different work areas.
- Universal Stand Compatibility
- Delivers Precise Cuts
- Easy to Assemble
- Inferior Materials are Used
- Produces a Loud Noise
6. Bosch CM10GD 10 inch Compact Miter Saw Review
The powerful performance of this miter saw is one of the reason why this can be an exceptional pick. With its 15-amp motor and excellent blade, it will be able to cut a variety of materials with relative ease. To make it user-friendly, it has controls that are easy to access. To add, the manufacturer has also integrated bevel lock lever, as well as a knob selector, which will make it easier for you to make the necessary adjustments. The electric brake is also a nice feature, allowing it to make repetitive cuts in a manner that is quick.
- Works on a Range of Materials
- Powerful Motor
- Strategic Placement of Controls
- Makes Accurate Cuts
- Large Size
- Expensive Price
7. Bosch GCM12SD 12 inch Corded Dual-Bevel Sliding Glide Miter Saw
The motor alone can already provide you with a good reason to have this chosen above other options that are available on the market. It has a power of 15 amps and maximum speed of 3,800 revolutions per minute. It has a compact axial glide system, which also makes it smaller compared to its counterparts. There are also up-front bevel controls, which will make it easy to adjust the position based on what the task requires. It also has a dust collection system. Based on the specifications, this can collect 90% of the dust that is produced, making it the best within the product category.
- Compact Size
- Excellent Alignment of Blade
- Operates Quietly
- Easy to Use
- Expensive Price
- No Laser Guide
8. Dewalt DWS715 12-Inch Compound Miter Saw Review
One of the most notable features of this product is its 15-amp motor, which is built to handle even more challenging applications. There is no wonder why even the pros recommend it as an excellent choice. It can deliver up to 4,000 revolutions per minute, allowing you to do crosscutting and other basic tasks as quickly as possible. It has an adjustable stainless steel miter, which can be positioned in 11 different stops. It can make vertical and bevel cuts, at an angle that you can easily modify. At a weight of 42 pounds, it may not necessarily be the lightest, but it is portable enough to be effortlessly transferred from one workplace to another.
- Operates Quietly
- Tall Fence
- Poor Quality Dust Bag
- No Laser
Essential Factors To Consider
When choosing the best miter saw, the factors that will be mentioned below are some of the most important considerations:
- Power: This is one of the first things that should be taken into account. If you are into small-scale tasks, a motor with minimal power will be enough. For professional applications, on the other hand, a high-powered motor will be required. Take a look at the amps. The higher is the amp, the more powerful the motor is. The quality of the blade will also have an impact on the power of the miter saw, especially in terms of its ability to effortlessly cut even thick materials.
- Accuracy: There is no point in using a miter saw if it will not be able to deliver accurate cuts. To make sure that it will be able to deliver accurate performance, one of the most important features would be a built-on laser. This will guide the direction of the blade and will provide you with the assurance that it will only cut on the right places.
- Comfort: It is also vital to take a look at the comfort that you can expect from the use of the miter saw. It is essential that it is lightweight so that handling it, even for an extended time, will not be a problem. The handle should also have an ergonomic grip. It should be padded and should be designed in such a way that it will lessen vibration that you can feel. The miter saw must also be able to produce minimal noise
- Durability: It is also important to consider the material that is used and its overall design in order to gauge how durable it is going to be. There is no use in buying a miter saw that will not last long. It will only be a waste of money. See to it that it can survive long-term use, and more importantly, its quality should not be compromised in spite of having it for a long time.
- Safety: Do not also forget to put an emphasis on your safety. See to it that it is designed in such a way that it will be safe. One of the features that will be needed is an electric brake stop. Choose one that will prevent accidental startups. It must only start once you are ready for the work that needs to be done. You should also follow the instructions from the manufacturer to ensure its safe use.
Also Read: Best Circular Saw Reviews
From the miter saw reviews and short buying guide that we have discussed above, we hope that you are now enlightened and it is now easier for you to make a decision. If there is one thing that we can advise, it would be the fact that being cheap does not necessarily translate into being a good choice. In some cases, the best miter saws can be expensive because it is integrated with high-end and innovative features, allowing it to be a cut above all others within the competition.