- 1 Top 8 Best Hedge Trimmers on the Market
- 1.1 1) Black+Decker LHT2220 22-inch Cordless Hedge Trimmer Review
- 1.2 2) Black & Decker TR117 17 inch Corded Electric Hedge Trimmer Review
- 1.3 3) Dewalt DCHT820P1 20V Lithium Ion Hedge Trimmer Review
- 1.4 4) Black & Decker HH2455 Corded-Electric Hedge Trimmer Review
- 1.5 5) GreenWorks 22102 18-Inch Corded Hedge Trimmer Review
- 1.6 6) GreenWorks 22272 20-Inch 40V Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmer Review
- 1.7 7) Poulan Pro PR2322 22-Inch 23cc Gas Powered Dual Sided Hedge Trimmer Review
- 1.8 8) Tanaka TCH22EAP2 21cc 22-inch Gas Hedge Trimmer Review
- 2 Essential Factors to Consider
- 3 Conclusion
When it comes to gardening and landscaping, one of the most important tools that you should have is the best hedge trimmer. With the latter, you can prune or cut shrubs and trees, even if they have thick branches. It is more powerful than a traditional handheld trimmer.
It is important to note, however, that not all hedge trimmers are created the same. Before making a final decision with regards to which one to pick, you should go through hedge trimmer reviews and learn from what other people have to say. Clueless about which one to choose? Keep on reading and we will help you make a decision that you will surely not regret.
Top 8 Best Hedge Trimmers on the Market
In this section, we will have a rundown of some of the best options available, including a quick look at their features, as well as their pros and cons.
1) Black+Decker LHT2220 22-inch Cordless Hedge Trimmer Review
The brand name of this product is already more than enough reason for you to have it chosen above other alternatives on the market. It is powered by a 20-volt MAX lithium ion battery, which is known for holding charge longer, although it will take quite long before it can be fully charged. The unit can trim an area of up to 3,000 square feet within one full charge of its battery. It has a 22-inch dual action blade, allowing it to effortlessly cut even thick branches. Overall, the design is ergonomic, making it impressive when it comes to being user-friendly and comfortable.
- Ergonomic Design
- Powerful Blades
- Operates Quietly
- Long Charging Time
- Plastic Blade Shield
2) Black & Decker TR117 17 inch Corded Electric Hedge Trimmer Review
This is a corded electric model, which is powered by a 3.2-amp motor, allowing it to perform small to medium tasks. For heavy-duty applications, on the other hand, the performance can be quite dismal. It comes with a 17-inch steel dual action blade. The latter is pre-hardened and can resist corrosion, making it long-lasting. It is lightweight and compact. It is user-friendly and comfortable, even when used for an extended period. It also excels when it comes to safety, which is made possible by features like the lock-off switch and cord retention.
- Reduced Vibration
- Long-lasting Blade
- Easy to Use
- Limited Mobility
- Not for Heavy Hedging
3) Dewalt DCHT820P1 20V Lithium Ion Hedge Trimmer Review
This hedge trimmer is powered by a 20-volt Max lithium ion battery. This means that it is cordless, but this also means that its performance will be limited based on the capacity of the battery that powers the unit. It comes with a 22-inch blade that is made from steel, making it durable and able to cut up to thickness of ¾-inch. It can deliver up to 3,100 strokes per minute, which is pretty much higher than what can be delivered by its competitors. It has also been ranked well when it comes to comfort, which is basically because of its lightweight body and ergonomic design.
- Limited Performance
- Regular Charging is Required
4) Black & Decker HH2455 Corded-Electric Hedge Trimmer Review
This electric hedge trimmer comes with a 24-inch blade, which has been praised by many because of its extensive reach. The blade can effortlessly cut up to ¾ inch thick branches and can deliver reduced vibration. It can produce up to 2,800 strokes per minute. It also has features that can promote the highest level of comfort of the user, including the distributed weight and the rotating handle. It also comes pre-assembled right out of the box. It is made by Black & Decker, a well-established brand, which can provide you with peace of mind regarding its quality and functionality.
- Even Weight
- Rotating Handle
- Not Long Lasting
5) GreenWorks 22102 18-Inch Corded Hedge Trimmer Review
This corded hedge trimmer comes with a price that is hard to match. In fact, this is one of the cheapest models that we found. More than its price, it can offer many other benefits, such as being comfortable. It has a lightweight body and an ergonomic handle. At a weight of just 5.1 pounds, you will not have a problem even if you will be using the unit for an extended period. It also comes with lock-off switch and double insulation, both of which are essential for safety. It is powered by a 2.7 amp motor, which is a bit limited, which is why its use must be restricted to small tasks.
- Ergonomic Grip
- Small Cutting Capacity
6) GreenWorks 22272 20-Inch 40V Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmer Review
This hedge trimmer derives its power from its 2AH battery, which can be functional for up to 25 minutes of trimming and can be charged within 60 minutes. It comes with steel dual-action blade, which can cut thickness of up to 5/8-inch. It has a pivoting head, allowing you to have it adjusted in three different positions. It is also incredibly lightweight since it is battery-powered. Even novices will not have any problem in having it operated as it is easy to use. It is also a good thing that it is designed with a telescoping handle, which can be adjusted to up to 76 inches.
- Pivoting Head
- Short Battery Time
7) Poulan Pro PR2322 22-Inch 23cc Gas Powered Dual Sided Hedge Trimmer Review
With this gas-powered hedge trimmer, you can enjoy exceptional performance in a wide array of applications, even in heavy tasks. It comes with a 23cc motor, which gives it the power that it needs. It also has a 22-inch cutting blade, which is rotating and dual-sided, allowing it to make effortless and quick cuts, even in thick branches. In terms of design, it does not fail to leave a positive impression as it is comfortable. It is well-balanced and comes with easy-to-hold grip. It is also a good thing that it is already preassembled and the manufacturer provides comprehensive instructions on its use.
- Ergonomic Design
- Balanced Design
- Impressive Blades
- A Bit Heavy
- Can Get Hot
8) Tanaka TCH22EAP2 21cc 22-inch Gas Hedge Trimmer Review
With this hedge trimmer, you are surely going to love how powerful it can perform, which can be attributed to its 21cc motor. It is even made better by its 22-inch blade, which is one of the longest that we have seen. To provide the highest level of comfort to its users, it comes with anti-vibration system, which can also minimize fatigue. The 5-position handle also adds up to its comfort while also providing versatility. The forward facing exhaust is also commendable, allowing the fumes to be directed away from the user.
- Forward-Facing Exhaust
- Operates Quietly
- Anti-Vibration System
- Powerful Motor
- Not Eco-Friendly
- A Bit Complicated
Essential Factors to Consider
The following are some of the most important considerations that will affect your decision with regards to which to choose for the best hedge trimmer:
- Types: If you are looking for power, opt for gas-powered hedge trimmers. However, they can produce toxic fumes and an annoying noise. A better alternative would be battery-powered models. They are lightweight, but they normally have limited capacity because of the short charge cycle of the battery. You can also consider corded electric hedge trimmers. One of their drawbacks would be limited mobility since the cord will restrict your movements.
- Blade: This is perhaps one of the most important parts of the hedge trimmer and will have a huge impact on its performance. See to it that it is made from a durable material, making it able to resist rust and corrosion. Most importantly, it should be thick enough so that it can effortlessly cut even thick branches.
- Handle: The design of the handle is important because it will have an impact on your comfort. It will be good if it has a cushioned grip for ease of handling. A swivel handle is also going to be nice, allowing you to have it repositioned in an angle that suits the application or based on where you are most comfortable with.
- Vibration: Ideally, the hedge trimmer should have an anti-vibration system. This is going to be important for your comfort as it can minimize user-fatigue.
- Noise: As it has been mentioned, gas-powered models create a lot of noise while battery powered-hedge trimmers are perhaps the quietest.
- Ease of Use: No one would want to deal with complications. The same thing is true even when it comes to hedge trimmers. The manufacturer must provide comprehensive instructions so that it will be a snap to operate the hedge trimmer.
- Weight: Choose a hedge trimmer that is as lightweight as possible for your comfort. However, make sure that functionality is never compromised.
- Safety: To avoid injuries, it is also important to choose one that has the safety features that will prove to be essential. One that you would need would be a lock-off feature, which will essentially prevent accidental startup.
Also Read: Best String Trimmer Reviews
Your search for the best hedge trimmer on the market can be challenging, especially because of the endless possibilities. Again, it should be noted that you should never decide solely on the basis of which one is the cheapest. Go over hedge trimmer reviews, evaluate technical specifications, and consider ease of use, among other factors. To make things easier, keep an eye on the options that we have earlier discussed and consider the factors we have mentioned.