- 1 TOP PICK
- 2 10 Best Air Purifier Reviews
- 3 Best Large Room Air Purifier
- 4 Best Medium Room Air Purifier
- 5 How to Choose Air Purifier that is Right for You?
- 6 Last Word
With rising levels of indoor pollution and marvels of modern innovation in technology, air purifiers have already become a fundamental appliance in various countries. It is, regardless of the fact where one is inhibited of the houses being situated – in an industrial location or the rural environment, in the midst of an active town or whatsoever in the polluted environment or not.
Perhaps you have already realized the paybacks that come in various aspects of health, well-being, and quality of lifestyle with this investment and I can hence, conclude your reasons for ending up reading this.
As demands increases for air purifiers, a lot of brands have come up with their appliances in this line. There is a lot of companies manufacturing air purifiers these days and the most prominent names are Panasonic, Honeywell, Whirlpool, Phillips, IQAir, Sharp, Hamilton, Breath Air, etc.
each having their unique features and expected pros and cons. It is understandable as the surplus of air purifiers available on the market today can leave one feeling perplexed. And rightly so, one would be since so many purifying techniques exist that cannot be counted on fingers.
While there are plenty of air purifiers in the market, you can choose one for yourself considering all the pros and cons of each product.
Each of the air purifiers out there in the market come with their own special or added features that make them stand out from the rest. However, if the market sale and expert opinions are taken into account, there are a few brands that take away the limelight in the business when compared to the rest.
Again, while each of the air purifiers comes with of their separate set of distinct features, we cannot assume them to have only the pros and not the cons.
Here are my top 10 picks with their pros and cons that may help you in choosing your air purifier and help you in making your smart investment:
10 Best Air Purifier Reviews
1) GermGuardian AC4825
Germ Guardian develops and sells products for mass retailers. Its air purifiers are available online at mass merchants like Walmart, Target, Lowe’s, Best Buy, and Amazon. Gemguardian provides high selling air purifiers with prices range from $80 to $500.
- Very helpful for people with allergy, sinus or other respiratory problems.
- Works perfectly for a medium sized room.
- Easily portable
- Easy setup procedure.
- Comes with an indicator light so one can always know when to change out filters to keep the purifier running at optimal levels.
- Quiet operation keeps the noise minimum.
- One common drawback of this purifier is that it makes a little noise when it is turned onto its highest speed.
- The UV light can be a bit sensitive to some people the during night and has to be turned off.
- It is rated CADR 100+
2) Honeywell 50250-S
Honeywell is a mass-market brand available at merchant giants, including Walmart and Target, and widely online. Honeywell provides a number of varieties in air purifiers with price range varying between USD 100-200. With many high-selling and highly rated modals, a number of Honeywell Air Purifiers make it to my best purifiers list. First off, being the 50250-S.
- Certified for use in rooms up to 390 sq. ft.
- Cost-effective HEPA filters.
- Its certified CADR ratings are: 250 for smoke, 250 for dust, 250 for pollen
- Up to 35% quieter than similar models.
- A bit louder than expected.
- Not apt for usage for a small room.
- Larger and heavier than most.
3) Levoit LV-H132
Levoit solely aims at improving overall health and wellbeing and there’s no wonder why it is one of my picks. This brand has a number of products available in this line while and also makes its way to one of the most highly rated air purifiers with its LV-H132 modal.
- Well suited for a medium-sized room, covering an area up to 300 sq. ft.
- Compact but powerful unit. Its unique size makes it perfect to fit in any small interior or office space.
- Convenient to be placed in smaller spaces.
- Small and quiet air purifier.
- Easily portable and very easy to be set up.
- Comes with adjustable night light settings.
- Mechanical noise during initial set up that subsidies later after frequent use.
- Not suitable for larger rooms.
4) O Ion B 1000
One of the top-selling air purifiers from O-Ion Technologies is the B-1000. Made with eco-friendly design, it is well designed to save energy. Though it produces ozone in a little quantity, it continues to be a top selling item maintaining a 3.8 stars. It is a good recommendation for those not suffering from respiratory issues.
- Cost-effective air purifier
- Low powered air purifier
- No need to change filters.
- Easy to wash charcoal filter
- Works perfectly well for small rooms up to the area of 100 sq. ft.
- Produces a small amount of ozone (0.05 ppm) which can affect the health of those who are prone to respiratory health issues.
- Not suitable for a very large space.
- It does not remove all the particles.
5) Hamilton Beach True Air 04384
Who doesn’t know the brand Hamilton when it comes to appliances? Like all of their various fine products, Hamilton has a good range of air purifiers within pocket-friendly range. While having a pet is easy, dealing with the fur shedding of our fur friends surely isn’t! There are many air purifiers that deal with dust and pollutants effectively but not all can totally help with fur shedding and dander. Hamilton proves a complete air protection for pet owners from fur and odor of pets, at a very cost efficient range.
- Covers larger area up to 140 sq. ft.
- Compact size
- Ultra quiet
- Can be used horizontally or vertically.
- Fine filter that captures dust particles as well as the pet hair and larger particles.Filters are easy to open and clean.
- It does not have a light indicator to indicate when the filter needs to be cleaned.
- The efficacy declines with age of the carbon inserts and requires frequent changing (3 months).
6) Hamilton Beach TrueAir 04386A
Another purifier model from Hamilton that which makes it way to my top picks10 list is the Hamilton Beach TrueAir Allergen-reducing Ultra Quiet Air Cleaner Purifier with Permanent HEPA Filter (04386A). While this range does not have many latest features like latest air purifiers, it definitely has its distinct features for which it was not only voted 2013’s cheapest best air purifier but even in 2017 continues to have a 4.2-star rating!
- Economical air purifier for domestic use
- Permanent filters do not need replacement.
- Effective performance for rooms covering an area up to 160 sq. ft.
- Compact and quiet
- Works horizontally and also vertically, hence blending into the home décor.
- Comes along with a light indicator that helps one know when the filter requires cleaning to let you know when the filter needs to be cleaned
- Stronger settings are a bit louder but bearable
7) Whirlpool Whispure AP51030K
Renowned brand Whirlpool too isn’t far behind when it comes to air purifiers. Apart from its other available models, the one that stands out is Whirlpool Whispure Air Purifier, HEPA Air Cleaner, AP51030K.
While it’s may seem a bit overpriced than many brands available today in the market, it definitely has its own reasons as to why it makes itself a 4.3 star rated product!
- Does not require frequent changing of HEPA filters
- Charcoal filters are easily replaceable
- Noiseless at sleep mode
- Makes a little sound while turned to higher settings
- Not very effective in removing odor in some cases.
8) IQAir HealthPro Plus
Just as the name implies, this air purifier from IQAir is very effective, especially for those who suffer from respiratory issues like asthma or have problems relating to sinus, congestion or allergic to particles in the air.
This is a great choice even if it can seem a bit unsympathetic towards your pocket but a look at the pros and cons and also a comparison of the features with units in similar price range makes this air purifier a really smart and thoughtful investment.
- It’s now the quietest high-performance air purifier in the world.
- Energy-efficient. Uses no more power than a conventional light bulb
- Costly unit
- Costly replacement filters
- Heavier than most of the units available and also larger in size.
Best Large Room Air Purifier
9) Honeywell HPA300
Pros of the Honeywell True HEPA Whole Room Air Purifier With Allergen Remover:
- Can the cover larger area up to 465 sq. ft.
- Ensures circulation of es room air up to 5 times each hour per hour.
- Suitable for medium to large rooms.
- CDR: 300
- excellent at removing dust and allergens
- Killing germs and reducing household odors.
- Covers large area up to 465 sq. ft.
- It does not take up more space.
- Quieter even when switched to different modes.
Cons of the Honeywell HPA300 True HEPA Filter Large Room Air Purifier
- The only drawback about this purifier is that the air filters are expensive.
- Filter replacement is more often.
Best Medium Room Air Purifier
10) Honeywell HFD-120-Q
Pros of the Honeywell HFD-120-Q QuietClean Oscillating Air Purifier
- The perfect solution for a medium-sized room covering an area up to 170 sq. ft.
- CADR Ratings: Dust: 100, Smoke: 110, Pollen: 132
- Consists of washable filters and operates noiselessly.
- Energy star rated
- Easily washable Filter
- The device turns alarmed light indicator turns on automatically on whenever the filter is blocked or Clogged
Cons of the Honeywell HFD-120-Q QuietClean Tower Air Purifier
- Discoloration in permanent filters after cleaning.
- A bit high priced air purifier.
How to Choose Air Purifier that is Right for You?
Air purifiers are handy things to have at home. These items allow consumers to rest easy knowing that the air they are breathing is completely free of carbon monoxide and other harmful things. Lots of people both young and old use air cleaners. In fact, purchasing an air cleaner can be the best decision you make regarding the health and safety of your family. A good air filter is more than just carbon monoxide. Tobacco smoke, chemicals, and pollutants are easily taken care of by top quality air purifiers. Those with pollen allergies can expect a purifier to cleanse the air and make it easier to breathe. Choosing which air cleaner to purchase can feel like a frustrating process because there are many different types of air filters available for purchase. Some purifiers are even portable and can be taken in different areas of the home or office. The perks and benefits associated with purchasing a great purifier are practically endless. However, some folks need a helpful guiding hand during the buying process. There are certain facts consumers need to know before purchasing one.
Removing Volatile Organic Compounds and Other Pollutants
Volatile organic compounds, also known as VOC, are gaseous pollutants that can be in the air of your home. Many air purifiers have a VOC sticker claiming to protect users against these compounds. However, not all air cleaners are built to remove volatile organic compounds in the air. Be sure to do some research regarding how well a brand of air purifier handles volatile organic compounds. Paint, gas, and adhesives all contain volatile organic compounds. These things in the air can cause irritation to the lungs, eyes, and throat. Best air filters with carbon filters take care of volatile organic compounds, but the carbon filter needs to be replaced every couple of months or so.
Importance of Reading Air Purifier Reviews
When shopping for air cleaners it is important to research the various options that are available for you. Look both online and in stores to locate a best air purifier for dust in your house at the lowest possible costs. Air cleaner reviews can be found on the web. These reviews can allow shoppers to compare and contrast different brands of air purifiers based on the testimony of other shoppers. You can also find top air cleaners by opting to asking friends and family members where they purchased their model. Learn the advantages and disadvantages of each model so that you can make an educated decision. It is important to remember that the great air purifier for allergies for you may not be the right option for others. Air purifiers come in all different shapes, sizes, and colors. The endless options make it easy to find an air cleaner that will meet your needs and expectations without leaving a wide open hole in your wallet. Carefully review each brand and model of purifiers to learn the most information possible before making a final decision. Finding the right air cleaner is a process that should not be taken lightly, so read as much air purifier reviews as possible.
Air Cleaners with Optimal Performance
There are many different top models available. A best home air purifier for you may not be the good one for someone else. Be sure to check the purifier’s efficiency rating so that you can save money on their electric bill. Make sure that the best purifier that you choose has an Energy Star sticker. You should also be sure to check the clean air delivery rate of the model. The CADR, or clean air delivery rate, can vary from model to model and brand to brand. The CADR is a measurement of how quickly and effectively a good air cleaner for mold cleans the air in the room. An air cleaner with a rating of three hundred fifty or more is considered to be a fantastic CADR. Any purifier with a rating less than one hundred should not even be considered. Air purifiers with a rating less than one hundred provide a weak performance that is not adequate.
Basic Types of Air Purifiers for the Home
There are two different types of air purifiers. The first type is room models. Room air purifiers often are marketed the most because they have the ability to be moved from room to room. These models work just as effectively as room models, but cost a lot less. Room models are extremely popular. The second time of air cleaners can be installed in the heating and cooling system of a home or office. The second type of air cleaners are more expensive than room model. Purifiers for the entire house have a different type of filter than room to room models. Both models use a fan in order to circulate air. There are models that do not use a fan, but they do not seem to perform as well as best models with fans. Models without fans tend to be a lot quieter than air purifiers with fans. Each type of air purifier needs to have new filters installed at least every three to six months. Both purifiers need to have their filter washed at the very least once a month. Cleaning the air filters in an air cleaner allows the machine to properly function and provides maintenance for the purifier. Taking care of you machine with proper maintenance can allow you to enjoy years of use.
Brand Options Concerning Air Purifiers
There are numerous brands of air purifiers that vary in price. Some of the most popular, affordable, and well known best brands can include, but definitely not limited to, the following:
- Blue Air
- IQ Air
- Germ Guardian
All of these brands are a great option because they all have high clean air delivery rates and remove volatile organic compounds from the air with ease. These brands provide Energy Star ratings as well. These air purifier brands can be purchased online and in stores like Walmart, Lowes, and Home Depot.
Read as Many Reviews as You Can
Choosing the right product in almost every category requires quite a bit of research. This usually involves reviewing the products that seem to be meeting your requirements, and checking whether they actually come with all the features they claim to or not. After all, there are always tons of products in the market that don’t actually offer all the things they claim to, and one can usually find such flaws while going through the hepa air cleaner reviews posted by past customers.
The Cost Factor
Though quite important, one should note that cost, at least in this case, isn’t the most important factor. After all, one’s health is always more important than a few hundred bucks, and given that buying the purifier will just be a one-time expense, one shouldn’t place too much emphasis on the cost. Always keep in mind that the saying ‘one gets what one pays for’ stands perfectly true in this case.
The Type of Pollutants
Well, this is the last but probably the most important factor one needs to consider while trying to find the perfect purifier for their specific needs. Different types of home may have to deal with different types of pollutants. Some of the popular and common pollutants include bacteria, pollen, dust mite allergens, mold spores, tobacco smoke, animal hair and dander, viruses as well as some others. Now based on the specific pollutants that have made room for themselves in your home, you will need to search for those particular types of purifiers that helps get rid of those pollutants. For example, some specific purifiers focus on dealing with some specific pollutants, while some others may simply cover a broader range of them. Hence, it makes sense for one to identify their own specific needs before deciding to go with a specific good machine.
Just to make sure that you have got the concept, we are giving a few specific ideas. If you are facing problems with the odor caused by the animals you keep as pets in your home, you should consider looking for the best HEPA air purifier that has a specific function that helps to get rid of those particular problems. Hence, always consider taking notes of what the different purifiers help fulfill, as it will help you shortlist the ones that help deal with your specific problems.